Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2012 Topps Heritage

Flipping the calendar, we move from the release of Topps Series 1 in February to March and Topps Heritage. Being born in 1980 means that I missed out on some great Topps cards, so this was a fun product to open. I really like the design, finish and cardstock of the '12 Heritage. One thing that I also enjoy about Heritage are the manager cards. I used to hate getting manager cards when I was younger, but now that many of the current managers are former players that I used to watch and collect, I actually enjoy getting them in packs. In fact, there is not much about this set that I really don't like with one exception: the 75 short prints. That is a lot of SP's to chase in order to complete a set. So while, I really like this product, I'm not going for a complete set in 2012. There are a few cards that I would like to acquire and I will add those to my Wish List page, which is in the works. Since I'm not putting together a set, I have a lot of singles for anyone trying to complete it.  
Here are some of what's left of my hits from a box, plus a few packs that I purchased from my favorite LCS, The Baseball Card Store in Midland Park, NJ www.baseballcardstorenj.com

All of these cards (except the Jeter New Age Performers) are available for trade.
Chase Utley Clubhouse Collection GU Patch

Baseball Flashbacks Hank Aaron, New Age Performers Votto and Jeter.

Chrome Parallel cards



No comments:

Post a Comment